The NCCR Bio-Inspired Materials, uniting researchers from chemistry, physics, biology, medicine, and materials science, offers interdisciplinary education and training opportunities to students of all educational levels. The goals of the Center include:
- To spark the interest of elementary and high-school students in science and scientific careers and to contribute to their education;
- To create research opportunities at all educational levels (high school, undergraduate, PhD, postdoctoral) and expose a large number of students to the Center’s activities;
- To develop and offer new interdisciplinary education and training at the Masters, doctoral and postdoctoral levels in the domain of “soft materials”;
- To support the career development of PhD students and post-docs;
- To promote the careers of pre-tenured researchers.
By offering unique education and research opportunities, fostering the advancement of young scientists in natural and life sciences, and providing attractive boundary conditions, the Center aims to become a desirable destination for young students and researchers. Key programs offered by the NCCR Bio-Inspired Materials include: Undergraduate Summer Research Internships, a new Master Program, Graduate Student Exchanges, and an Independence Grant for young researchers.
The NCCR Bio-Inspired Materials Faculty Delegate for Education is Prof. Dr. Andreas Kilbinger.
For any questions concerning undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate education, contact the Scientific Coordinator.
For questions concerning the programs for elementary and high schools, contact the Outreach Coordinator.